Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday and the Random 10 (White and Gold Dress Edition)

Apparently the big buzz on the internet though is about that damn dress on the right. Umm, it is totally white and gold and I am not sorry for seeing it that way. Maybe I am just more perceptive than others. I'm sticking with that. Black and blue? I just don't get it.

In other news, February is winding down. Oh man, if only today was the 28th then I could do an end of the month extravaganza. But alas no, we are one day short of that so it's just a basic Random 10. However, we do have some exiles on the island this time so the Tarkus may be lurking around somewhere...

As a quick review of last week, you can follow this link, or check out the artists in the cool picture below: 



As always the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top next to the Home tab.

********************************************************************************


Exile Island has some new inhabitants. This means they are not allowed to be in the countdown below.

********************************************************************************




1) Yes/The Gates of Delirium (Relayer) - Wow, what a way to start. This epic piece is based on Tolstoy's War and Peace. And it is always a bonus when we get a Roger Dean album cover.



2) Faith No More/King for a Day (King for a Day Fool for a Lifetime) - I have never really cared for their stuff except for their one huge hit album. Other than that I could just not get into it. There was nothing there that hooked me. This song doesn't help either.




3) Porcupine Tree/Gravity Eyelids (In Absentia) - I used to listen to these guys for a little bit Part of that whole prog metal scene that I kinda like and kinda get irritated by.


4) Jane Child/Sarasvati (Here Not There) - I hear a few elements in there from her first album, but maybe she waited too long to release a follow up (1993) and it basically wasn't the 80's anymore. sometimes you got to strike while the iron is hot!




Daft Punk tried, and failed.

5) Faith No More/Stripsearch (Album of the Year) - Another one from them and another act that gets sent to Exile Island. At least they won't be alone as Daft Punk tried to slip through, but ends up getting another week.





6) Steve Howe/Rhythm of the Road (Homebrew 2) - Another one of his instrumental demos which ended up in a Yes song. This ended up on one of the Keys to Ascension albums.




7) No Doubt/Sunday Morning (Tragic Kingdom) - I love the album title. And yes I do use it to refer to my workplace sometimes.




8) Extreme/Wind Me Up (Extreme I Photograffiti) - You know, they do sing other, better things than that "More Than Words" song. Okay maybe this isn't one of them but it's a good song.



9) Yes/The Ancients: Giants Under the Sun (Tales from Topographic Oceans) - From the most epic of all Yes albums. This one even divides Yes fans. I think it is the best thing they ever did, and it is definitely one of my desert island albums I would want with me. Also, maybe the best Roger Dean painting of all time too as a bonus.



10) Red Hot Chili Peppers (Californication) - These guys haven't shown up in awhile. They are still awesomely funky.
********************************************************************************

So now things are starting to get jumping around here. Daft Punk gets Tarkus'd back to Exile Island, but they get joined by Faith No More and Yes (yeah, I noticed). Rush has a chance to escape depending on the STCS. Let's see:


The STCS for this week is AC/DC/Rock the House (Rock or Bust). Now that's the way I want my rock & roll! So Rush is back among the living next week. As for the others they will have to take their chances next week. I think I need to come up with something better for the Tarkus thing though. It's a work in progress.

And the dress is still white and gold...

********************************************************************************

As always stay warm and comfy wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Play us out boys!





********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment