Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Hot Seat Edition)

Wow, that was a quick week. I have a schedule I try to keep up with during the week so I know which shows are on and what posts to write (you know, to develop that cult following). It has been a lot easier since I switched to morning shifts and can watch prime time shows. I'm also trying to find a sponsor. I'm looking at you Chek and all your delicious flavors! At some point maybe someone will pay me money to NOT use their product.

So anyway, back to the matters at hand. Looking back at last week, some people should just buy a permanent home on Exile Island. 


Maybe I should do something like Monopoly and the number of times you get exiled you get island credit to build a house or hotel or something. Hmm, see this is how I get my dumb ideas for stuff. My brain is exploding right now...

As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top. I still feel like a badass knowing how to do arrows. Hey sometimes it's the small victories in life.

Shut up and play your music Von!

********************************************************************************

1) Jon Anderson/Flowers of the Morning - This is from his Celtic album "The Promise Ring". He sounds like an elf anyway and belongs in the shire.

2) Alabama/Old Flame - This is how I like my country music. That, and the name obviously.

3) Journey/Open the Door - Great old school stuff. How's this for an album cover:


4) Rick Wakeman/Men in Suits - Viggle has no idea and neither did I.

5) Rush/High Water - Intelligent rock from the masters. We are from the water and wish to return there.

6) Jimmy Buffett/Volcano - Well the IQ level just dropped from that last song, but hey sometimes we need to grab a cocktail and head to the beach. It's just a different way of heading to the water.

7) Emerson, Lake and Palmer/Change - Never heard this song before or even this album. Most appropriate album cover for my life though. Train!


8) Nektar/Away from Asgard - They show up a lot and Viggle still has no clue. Maybe because they're European or something. I know they aren't British. Wiki says German. Okay then.

9) Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Soundtrack)/Mean Mr Mustard - From one of my guilty pleasures. I love this movie with Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees and do not care who knows it.

10) Snow Patrol/Open Your Eyes - Wait, that's after 1986! I do try to be somewhat contemporary. I just don't find much that I like. Always open to suggestions.

********************************************************************************

Well that wraps it up. I will say that at this point at least one act is making it off the island! I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything before, but since we are down to the STCS I feel that the odds are pretty good.

Here we go. Deep breath. The STCS is The Beatles/Piggies. Dammit, so close. I shouldn't have said anything. One more try: The Commodores/Sail On. Oh yeah, the pride of Tuskegee, Alabama. This song hits me inside so I'm going to let it play us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment