Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Gigolo Edition)

Wow, in less than a week I got a surprise in the mail. As promised, bam!


You're welcome ladies. Me? A male model? Oh you flatter me, but I'm not on Schmidt's level yet. Yeah whatever, I'm a dork. But hey, a free shirt is a free shirt. Thanks Viggle (you know I am still looking for a sponsor...hint hint).

And now, on to more pressing matters. When we cast our eyes back to last week, we see that Exile Island is becoming quite the busy place:


Maybe poor Chicago will find its way back this time around. Need to make some sense of all this? Check out the rules and whatnot up there ↑ at the top.

Enough with all the jibber-jabber! Play me some music!

*****************************************************************************

1) Wendy Carlos/Scarlotti Harpsichord Sonata - I got this only because "she" did the original Tron soundtrack. And maybe I like harpsichords. Why the "she"? She used to be a man, baby.



2) Cherry Poppin' Daddies/Ding Dong Daddy on the D Car Line - We had this song like two weeks ago. Ugh. Makes me miss my trains though.

3) Billy Idol/Eyes Without a Face - This one is for Lori. Let's steal a car and go to Las Vegas. Ooh gigolo... Found this hard to believe, but:


4) Def Leppard/Run Riot - The one song off Hysteria that wasn't a hit.

5) Boston/My Destination - Or as they say, how to make an album in just under ten years. Album cover winner though:



6) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young (CSNY)/Our House - Wow, another new addition. I hope Neal Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow.


7) Red Hot Chili Peppers/By the Way - May your Fridays be funky and cool.

8) The Beatles/Julia Tarkus'd! Now stay on that island!


8) Pink Floyd/When the Tigers Broke Free - WWII must have really damaged the British psyche. It shows up a lot in their music and movies and TV shows (like Doctor Who)

9) Genesis/Turn It On Again - All I need is a TV show, that and the radio. Down on my luck again, down on my luck again...

10) Chicago/Back to You Ugh. Just ugh. So close. I'm just beyond words at this point.

10) Led Zeppelin/Black Dog - Hey hey mama!

*****************************************************************************

So there it is. Nektar got freed from exile (yay?), but The Beatles and Chicago are just going to have to share a snail dinner around the campfire. But no spooning later on!

The STCS for this week is Velvet Revolver/Headspace. Just realized their name has four V's in it. Cool.

As always stay cool and dry wherever you are, and Roll Tide (sigh).

*****************************************************************************
Cue the butt slaps and play us out Billy!

No comments:

Post a Comment