Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Warehouse of Suck Edition)

I was hit with an interesting idea this week of actually making the Random 10 a weekly video, possibly on YouTube. I am currently entertaining that idea. I mean I could see where the video could be at the top of the post with the normal write up underneath. The whole thing has some merit and it's got me thinking...a lot...

But until then, it's back to the normal format. Looking back at last week I see that Frank Zappa is banned, but no worries because I went ahead and deleted all of his stuff anyway. Just not my thing. And it's still September so all RW will be ignored as well.


As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top.

**************************************************************************
On with da show!

1) Steve Howe/More About You - This was one of his Homebrew demos that became part of ABWH's "Quartet".

2) Chicago/Song for You - Weak love song from them right between the good years and the "warehouse of suck"© that was coming in the future. Ugh.


3) Yes/Astral Traveller - I have never really been crazy over this song. As with most older Yes, I covered this song here.

4) No Doubt/Hey You - Who me? I do like their sound.

5) Extreme/Peacemaker Die - This is probably the greatest album no one has heard. If you do not have a copy of Extreme/III Sides to Every Story get it yesterday.



6) Chicago/Elegy:When All the Laughter Dies in Sorrow - They used to care and actually had a message. Banned, but a great spoken piece off Chicago III:


When all the laughter dies in sorrow
And the tears have risen to a flood
When all the wars have found a cause
In human wisdom and in blood
Do you think they'll cry in sadness
Do you think the eye will blink
Do you think they'll curse the madness
Do you even think they'll think
When all the great galactic systems
Sigh to a frozen halt in space
Do you think there will be some remnant
Of beauty of the human race
Do you think there will be a vestige
Or a sniffle or a cosmic tear
Do you think a greater thinking thing
Will give a damn that man was here

7) Red Hot Chili Peppers/Road Trippin' - These guys do some great sounding stuff sometimes. Never heard this song before but I like it.

8) Cherry Poppin' Daddies/Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line - I also can't say no to a good caboose!

9) The Mahavishnu Orchestra/Awakening - If you're going to be jazzy, this is how you bring it. Man, I can hear some Yes/Relayer in this song. No wonder JA said he was influenced by them.

10) Michael Jackson/Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - C'mon it's like the greatest selling album of all time. No shame here. Go get'm Captain EO!


**************************************************************************
And there we go for another week. Chicago gets banned again, but at least RW didn't try to show up. I did delete some of his inventory as well. I go back and forth with him but it is just so much material.

The STCS this week is Lynyrd Skynyrd/Sweet Home Alabama. Gulp.

I just had a Vongasm.

Hold on...let me recover...


As always stay cool and dry wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Do I even need to say it?

No comments:

Post a Comment