Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday and the Random 10

Well another week has passed us by, but you know what that means! It's Friday! And time to be random! Don't worry, I'm not going to end every sentence with an exclamation point! Oops, I mean "." Anyway, looking back at last week, I see that Def Leppard got banned. As usual, the rules and whatnot are over there → to the right.


Here we go!

1) Across The Universe/Soundtrack (Across the Universe) - I mean it wasn't Sgt Peppers with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton (what is?), but it was a decent movie.

2) The Alan Parsons Project/Can't Take It With You - You know, in their off time from building that giant death laser on the moon.

3) The Alan Parsons Project/What Goes Up... - And we have our first banning of the day. Too bad cuz I like them.

4) Def Leppard/Hell Raiser Yes/Clear Days - The Tarkus has eliminated its target, allowing Yes to proceed. I have previously covered this song and album here.

5) ELO/Julie Don't Live Here Anymore - Did you ever buy a record and end up liking the bonus track/B-side more? This was the case with both of the singles from their album Time. And this song didn't even make the album.



6) Van Halen/You Really Got Me - Anyone else notice they did a lot of remakes of other people's stuff?

7) Jimmy Buffet/Who's The Blonde Stranger - Oh Jimmy and your comedic ways...

8) Ratt/Way Cool Jr. - Yes I am and welcome to the party pal!



9) Thomas Dolby/I Love You Goodbye - This is how I feel about a lot of things lately. Good song.

10) ABBA/Take a Chance on Me - Move along. Nothing to see here. Ignore the women in go-go boots behind the curtain.

So there we go. Alan Parsons shows up and gets banned while Def Leppard tries to sneak back in but got Tarkus'd. The STCS for this week is Yes/Soft as a Dove. Does that get them banned? I'm going to say yes to Yes for doing two wimpy songs. I love you goodbye (see what I did there?). Anyway, stay cool central Florida, and Roll Tide!

I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment