Saturday, January 5, 2019

Baseball Cards Mail Day (01/05/19)

Lots in the mail today. Like I've said in my previous posts, I have some catching up to do with my Wade Boggs collection. I started looking for simple base cards that I needed, before looking for cards I would consider bargains (at least to me).


Base


 Okay so left to right is a 2018 Donruss #73, 2018 Topps Archives #248, and a 2018 Topps Salute #76. I got them all for $0.99 each which is about what I would expect for a newer single.


Limited (Serial Numbered)

As I said before, these are the cards I like and consider "bargains" because of them having a limited supply.


I always liked Donruss because they seemed to be the first to jump into the serial #'d cards big time. It makes it a pain sometimes for collectors like me to know a card exists, but knowing I will probably never own one because of its scarcity. The card on the left is a 2017 Donruss "Stat Line" parallel, serial #'d 415/500 that I got for $1.69. Yeah. On the right is a 2015 Donruss, also a Stat Line parallel, numbered 030/400, that I got for $2.70. This is the same set that I got the Press Proof for in my previous post.

********************************************************************************


Next up is a 2018 Topps Silver Pack Chrome blue refractor. Some cards put the numbering on the back so that's why I showed both sides. Yep, that says 067/150. Very limited but I still picked it up for only $5.40 which isn't bad for a fairly new release.
********************************************************************************


Last but not least, is a 2015 Panini Cooperstown Crown Royale silver, numbered 50 of only 75! Yall I got this for only $3.95! That might be overpriced or not even worth buying to some people, but I consider that a bargain for a HOF player. Plus, it's who I collect so I probably value it more than others would anyway.
********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment