Sunday, August 24, 2014

Questions from "Deep Breath" (Doctor Who)

So, after watching yesterday's premiere episode of Doctor Who a couple of times, I have a few questions. 

Now before I go any further let me state that I have not read anything rumor-wise or gotten any secret information from some shady website. Nor have I even read any "spoilers" before watching "Deep Breath". I wanted it to be fresh and new with no preconceived notions. Got it? Good.



These are things I questioned simply because everything is usually not the way it seems with Doctor Who. You think you know one thing just to find out you were completely wrong, or had no idea something was occurring until much later in the season. That's why this show is brilliant.

So basically I am going to throw away a few assumptions and ask a few questions.


Question #1The Doctor was lying in the bed and started mumbling:


"I am alone. The world which shook at my feet, and the trees, and the sky, have gone, and I am alone now, alone. The wind bites now, and the world is grey, and I am alone. Can’t see me. Doesn't see me. Can’t. See me."



Clara assumes he was translating the dinosaur, because you know, he speaks that too. It struck me right away that he is talking about something else, and NOT the dinosaur. Was he really translating at that point?


Question #2What the Hell was he smelling? It woke him up from his sleep. He even mentioned it again in the restaurant with Clara that he smells it all over. Wonder what that is? I'm not buying that it was chalk.


Question #3Okay, so who placed that ad? And who is the woman in the shop? Is it the same person? Okay I know that was three questions but it was all on the same topic.


Question #4: Who the Hell is this woman?



And she refers to the Doctor as her "boyfriend". Seemed to me she had crazy written all over her. Could she be the lady in the shop? Maybe, but i'm not feeling it. She felt more like a villain than an ally.

That's all I got for now. I am sure something will pop up that I didn't even notice. Maybe more of the same thing will be showing up in the future. Here's hoping so!

No comments:

Post a Comment