Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday and the Random 10

Well we've reached the end to another week. Could be good, could be bad, could be just meh. But it's always a party when the Random 10 comes rolling along (Lord I hope so anyway). So it's time to set your various music devices on shuffle and hope the gods of randomness are kind to you.

And away we go!

1) AC/DC/All Screwed Up - that's what I'm talking about.

2) Apollo 440/Electro Glide in Blue - I like these guys' stuff

3) Tommy Shaw/Kiss Me Hello - a great song from TS's first solo album Girls with Guns.

4) Porcupine Tree/The Sound of Muzak - they toured with Yes a few years back and I had never heard of them so I thought I would give them a try. They're kind of one of those newer prog bands.

5) The Alan Parsons Project/I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You - another band that toured with Yes, but I actually got to see them in concert (Nashville, I think). I was severely impressed by them that I don't remember much about Yes' performance. This is also they're first appearance in the Random 10!

6) Saga/Amnesia - all hail these Canadian rockers! Album cover winner for the cool 80's sunglasses.


7) Van Halen/So This is Love? - during the David Lee Roth days.

8) Extreme/It's a Monster - I love this band. They did much, much better stuff than that More Than Words song. I wish more people would give them a listen, especially Extreme II and III.

9) Def Leppard/Heaven Is - Doesn't Adrenalize sound like a continuation of Hysteria? It does to me.

10) Camel/Preparation - more smooth sounds from them. Very mellow.

Well there we have it. Not a bad mix. No one got Cyberman'd (deleted!) this time around, although I'm so ready for that to happen next time. The STCS for this week is Casting Crowns/Glorious Day. If you have any music suggestions please leave them in the comment box below. Thanks! No real video to play us out this week so I'm going to leave you with this:


P.S. And do not forget to recommend this blog continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment