Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog Day and the Random 10

OK, I haven't done this in quite awhile and want to get back to it. I guess I should probably lay out some of my ground rules here. I open up media player on my computer (you can use iTunes or an mp3 player or whatever), put the music on random (I currently have 38.7 GB), and list the first 10 songs that pop up, no matter how embarrassing. Sometimes a theme will emerge which will be indicated in the title. Other times, eh...

And a few other notes... I like to include my own personal awards such as Album Cover Winner, Video Winner and Lyrics Winner when appropriate. There are also special categories such as the Spinal Tap Commemorative Song, or STCS (some people will get it) and the Recycle Bin Award which goes to songs that are so bad I just have to delete them from existence.

Also, as a running joke and because he released 1,837 albums during the 1980's, Rick Wakeman is guaranteed to show up at least once per list...

...and away we go!

1) Fleetwood Mac/Go Your Own Way - good way to start, everyone just about knows this song

2) REO Speedwagon/Keep Pushin' - classic oldie from the boys

3) Velvet Revolver/Dirty Little Thing - OK  this is one of those things I downloaded to try out so this is probably my first listen to it. It can stay.

4) REO Speedwagon/Start a New Life - wow, two songs from them already? This is an oldie, but not a classic

5) Van Halen/House of Pain - from the classic 1984, though not some of the better stuff from this album

6) Pink Floyd/The Grand Vizier's Garden Party - and then there's crap like this. I still think YES is better.

7) Genesis/Paperlate - love this song

8) YES/Silent Talking - just so you know, YES will always win the album cover challenge



9) Korn/Daddy - some people inspire me to try different music sometimes (this one's obviously you Tabitha). My first listen for this one.

10) Boston/Peace of Mind - freaking epic

And the STCS for this week is Kansas/Journey from Mariabron. Good stuff. Hope you enjoyed. Play us out Genesis:




No comments:

Post a Comment