Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day and the Random 20

Ok, so today is Labor Day and I was just going to put on some music while I gave my apartment a much need cleaning (having the day off and all). Then I decided to go ahead and randomize the music and do a special top 20 for today since I have been really slacking off at doing these on Fridays.

For the newbies, how it works is that you put your Ipod or mp3 player or media player on random and list the first 10 (or in this case 20) songs that pop up, no matter how embarrassing. So if its a showtune, Disney soundtrack, Elmo singalong or (gasp) Justin Bieber you have to list it so we can all point and laugh commend you on your tastes. I usually through in a video and album cover winner cuz I'm just cool that way.

So here's mine:

1) Trans-Siberian Orchestra/There Was a Life - one of their (awesome) non-Christmas cd's
2) Faith No More/Epic -easy easy easy video winner here


3) Casting Crowns/At Your Feet - wish they were playing Night of Joy!
4) Apollo 440/Pain in Any Language - love these guys
5) Third Day/San Angelo - shout out to Cat on this one, though I doubt she actually reads my blog
6) Pink Floyd/The Great Gig in the Sky - you know, I never really got into the Floyd that much but album cover winner here


7) REO Speedwagon/Start a New Life - golden oldie from them....well, it's old anyway
8) Enigma/The Voice & The Snake - great meditation music
9) Third Day/40 Days - them again?....hmmmm
10) Pink Floyd/Us and Them - wow, so many duplicates

and now for the 2nd half...

11) Red Hot Chili Peppers/By the Way - these guys are cool
12) Billy Joel/Hey Girl - didnt even know i had this one
13) The Beatles/Do You Want to Know a Secret - yeah I have taste
14) AC/DC/Send for the Man - hells yeah
15) Jon Anderson/My Sweet Jane - not the country singer but the lead singer for YES...this is a weird Celtic folk band type cd thing he did
16) Styx/Captain America - bout time we got some Styx!
17) Aerosmith/Back in the Saddle - yo Alice!
18) Human League/One Man in My Heart - wtf?
19) Alabama/You're My Explanation For Living - classic sound, you better recognize!
20) Queen/Crazy Little Thing Called Love - aint that the truth...

Play us out Queen...


No comments:

Post a Comment