Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday and the Random 10

Another week, another Friday, another chance to be embarrassed by randomness. The way it works is, put your media player (or Ipod/mp3 player) on random and list the first 10 songs that pop up. I usually try to have a winner for video and album cover.


And away we go...


1) YES/Shock the the System - great one to start off...and any YES song gets an automatic album cover simply because theyre just so cool!




2) Jon Anderson/For You - not the country singer but the lead singer of YES (or at least used to be since they replaced him with someone from a tribute band -HERESY!) This is one of his gay solo albums with the musicians from Toto


3) Alabama/Music Loves Me - ok, I'm a southern boy from Bama...I have to have some Alabama in my repertoire (hey did you know you can type that word with just the top row of the keyboard?) 


4) Apollo 440/Tears of the Gods - I have loved these guys since they did the theme song for the Lost in Space movie


5) Tears for Fears/Standing on the Corner of the Third World - yeah I aint ever heard of this one either


6) Thomas Dolby/Airwaves -kinda a futuristic emo


7) Don MClean/American Pie - didnt even know i had this classic. Go here for an interesting explanation of all verses of the song


8) King Crimson/Sailor's Tale - kinda like YES...wildly experimental but too jazzy for me most of the time...Bill Bruford left YES for them and never came back like some of the others except for the ABWH album...he was the "B" obviously


9) Red Hot Chili Peppers/Higher Ground - i like their sound


10) Jane Child/Welcome to the Real World - OMG, I so used to have the hots for her! And crap! I cant find the video anywhere. I'm sure Ive seen it somewhere before. I guess i'll have to let Dolby play us out...


Video Winner:


And RW hasnt shown up yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment