Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday and the Random 10 (Rock & Roll HOF Edition)

So, the new nominees are out for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and most of it just leaves me scratching my head. Rock & Roll?!? You keep using that phrase but I don't think it means what you think it means. Chic? Janet Jackson? Chaka Khan? Let me say that again. Umm, Chaka Kahn? I feel for you honey. I do, but no.

This isn't a music HOF, it's rock & roll! I voted for The Cars, Chicago (yeah I know I give them a hard time but the 70's stuff is legendary), Deep Purple, and of course, the most deserving in the universe and basically how the frack are they not in there already, YES.

P.S. Who the Hell are The J.B.'s? And N.W.A.??? Not on my planet. My world is more like this:


The last countdown once again did not add anyone to Exile Island and left it vacant. No worries mon. Someday. And as usual, the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top near the home tab.


********************************************************************************

Will there be any HoF nominees this week?

1) Chris Squire/Safe (Canon Song)(Fish Out of Water) - And I knew it would come to this. Chris passes away this year and suddenly YES gets nominated. Mark it down. They are in.

2) Red Hot Chili Peppers/Jungle Man (Freaky Styley) - Yeah, a lot of their stuff sounds the same but when it sounds good it's good.

3) Prince/The Beautiful Ones (Purple Rain) - You may have heard of this album. And, yes, they do hurt you every time...

4) Metallica/Fuel (Greatest Hits) - Didn't I just mention someone's music all sounding the same? This is the metal head version. I never got this band. Oh, and welcome to the party. I'm sure you will bludgeon something before you leave.

5) Amaranthe/Enter the Maze (Amaranthe) - This is one of my newer favorite bands. I could do without the "death metal" singer though. I don't know what the eff that is, but it isn't singing.

6) Red Hot Chili Peppers/Backwoods (The Uplift Mofo Party Plan) - Uh oh, someone finally went and got sent off the Exile Island. Been awhile.

7) Lynyrd Skynyrd/Tuesday's Gone (Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd) - This song for some reason always makes me think of being at my cabin on the backwaters in the early 70's. I miss my Nanny and Pawpaw.

8) God is an Astronaut/Shadows (God is an Astronaut) - Another one of the newer bands that I like. IALA! (instrumental atmospheric landscape ambience). I am so making that a thing now. Your IALA moment:


9) Return to Forever/Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy) - More instrumental coolness, but more like jazz fusion.

10) Dream Theater/Just Let Me Breathe (Falling into Infinity) - I have tried to like them. Just not getting it.

********************************************************************************

The STCS for this week goes to Emerson, Lake & Palmer/Take a Pebble (Emerson, Lake & Palmer). Some great early ELP right there. Classic. Probably not Spinal tap's style though. The Chili Peppers got sent to Exile Island for breaking the rules and showing up twice, so the Tarkus may be an option next week. Gasp! Could it really happen in 2015?!? Metallica joined the party (meh), and the IALA moment is born. Not a bad week.

********************************************************************************

As always stay cool/dry and comfy wherever you are. Go Braves and Roll Tide!

Easy choice to play us out.



Train roll on, on down the line,
Won't you please take me far away?

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment