Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (BlackHeartbreakers Edition)

In my long search for a sponsor for my blog (it's been about a week) I figured maybe I would give Viggle some love since I talk about them and use the app all the time. I have been pretty diligent about using it lately and actually was able to get another t-shirt. Assuming it fits me (they had no XXXL), I will post a pic when it comes in. And the ladies all swoon...

So if you take a look back at last week I was trying to come up with an idea for Exile Island. I decided on the old Foursquare (now Swarm) idea of having a "mayor" by the number of times sent out. The current mayor is Chicago, even though they escaped last week. So from now on, everyone will see who is exiled, and for how many times. Like this:



Get it? Got it? Good. As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top. And now, on to the music!

********************************************************************************

1) Jimi Hendrix/Red House - Oh this is how we're starting today. Nice.

2) Rick Wakeman/The Peregrine Falcon - I guess this is his album about birds. Or things that fly. Still, RW on the piano is magic

3) Vanessa Carlton/More Than This - I have no shame here. I like her. Also, more piano.

4) Joan Jett & The Blackhearts/You Don't Know What You Got - Kick ass.

5) Faith No More/Just a Man - This is from one of their other albums and a song I have never heard before. It doesn't suck.

6) Jimmy Buffett/Distantly in Love - Every time he shows up I get worried that Media Player is messing up again. He shows up like five times when that happens.

7) Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers/American Girl - Good ole southern boy. You know, him and Joan Jett have awesome name for their backup bands. They should get together. They could do a duet and be backed up by the BlackHeartbreakers. Yeah.

8) Camel/Mother Road - I still like these guys. Don't know a thing about them other than that they're smooth.

9) Asia/Russian Dolls - This is the original Asia (minus Howe) back again . Album cover winner obviously, because Roger Dean:


10) Dennis DeYoung/Won't Go Wasted - The man can sing. I'll give him that. I think he has too much Broadway in him now to ever go back to Styx.

********************************************************************************

And there we have it. That was a pretty good mix of songs. I added several 70's and 80's compilation CD's to my inventory so I was expecting to hear some truly random (and unknown) stuff. Maybe next time.

The STCS for this week is Pink Floyd/Don't Leave Me Now. You know what that means? The Beatles are finally free! Not only that, no one got exiled. The island can be taken over and overgrown by nature again. 

As always, stay cool? warm? comfy! and dry wherever you are and Roll Tide!

Current Viggle points: 6,175

Play us out Joan:

No comments:

Post a Comment