Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Refurbishment Edition)

So another week has gone by and I finally get to my new days off. I switched from Tues/Wed to Fri/Sat. I also went to all morning shifts in an effort to be able to do as much blogging as I can. 

The bad news though is that when I get back on Sunday it is the last day of steam trains for six weeks. Yeah, it's the refurbishment time of the year. Instead, I will be hanging with Mickey and Tinkerbell in the Town Square Theater (TST), while trying to save the whole park from that villain Hades over at Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (SOMK). Yeah, I'll be using a lot of vacation time in the next six weeks...

But for now, I have a Random 10 to do. Looking back at last week I see that Chicago joined RW on Exile Island. Yeah it's a new thing, inspired obviously by Survivor.


As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top.

Here we go...

******************************************************************************

1) Faith No More/Crack Hitler - I have no idea. I'm not really familiar with any of their stuff past their first album.

2) Styx/Witch Wolf - Bet you've never heard of this one. Be thankful. Very early stuff (before Tommy Shaw) from an album that made completely no sense to me. I do plan to cover all their albums on Music Monday when I am done with all the Yes.

3) Dream Theater/Trial of Tears - Like I said before it's a little heavier than I like my prog, but I could get into them I think if I took more time to listen.

4) Styx/I Am the Walrus - Well, my boys go and get themselves banned. Beatles remake obviously, but I think they did a good job of it. Enjoy the video:



5) Camel/Arubaluba - Album cover winner because, hey a train:



6) Michael Jackson/Leave Me Alone - Wow, that's two weeks in a row. Enjoy another messed up video:


Okay I just watched that whole thing.

7) The Moody Blues/The Voyage - Old school, eerie sounding stuff from them. Moody is right. Most of their stuff sounds like a soundtrack from a dream. Ooh, I like the way that sounds.

8) Chicago/An Hour in the Shower


8) Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Christmas Dreams - Well it is officially fall right?

9) Utada Hikaru/Sanctuary - Wow, yeah. You gamers will know this one. Love this song from Kingdom Hearts II.

10) Ratt/Dangerous But Worth the Risk - Exactly.

******************************************************************************
And there we have it. Chicago tried to sneak back in but the Tarkus took care of them. Banned for another week, but they have some company in Styx (who was originally based in Chicago BTW). RW is now free to join his tribe. The STCS for this week is Tom Petty/Here Comes My Girl. Good ole southern boy there.

As always, stay cool and dry wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Play us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment