Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday and the Random 10 (Life is Just a Fantasy Edition)

Oh man. Not a lot of time for talk. Too tired. Working the holidays at Disney sucks. Enjoy some music:



********************************************************************************


Okay so we still have a few names on the naughty list here. I'll set them free if they can make it through this countdown. And as usual, the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top near the home tab.



********************************************************************************

Meh!


1) Aldo Nova/Fantasy (Aldo Nova) - Wow, this is a blast from the past. I can tell you now it is already playing us out because of the awesome 80's video. Welcome to the party, we'll never see you again. #OneHitWonder

2) U2/Miss Sarajevo (The Best Of:1990-2000) - You know, for it to be a "best of" I don't recall ever hearing this song at all.

3) Emerson, Lake & Palmer/One By One (In the Hot Seat) - I haven't really given this album a lot of time. Basically I feel they were trying too hard to be what they used to be.


No AC/DC, you cannot sit next to me.

4) Soundtrack/Fathoms Below (The Little Mermaid) - Nope, not ashamed.

5) Apollo 440/Stay Frosty (The Future's What It Used To be) - I'm still cool right? I'm so gonna ask that every time now.

6) The Buggles/Videoteque (Adventures in Modern Recording) - This was a demo included as a bonus track on the re-issue of this album. There's a reason it didn't make the cut for the album.

7) Jane Child/Hey Mr. Jones (Jane Child) - I think I have explained my 80's crush on this woman before. Move along. Move along.

8) Vivaldi/Concerto No. 3 "Autumn" (The Four Seasons) - I'm still cool, and I still have class.

9) Led Zeppelin/Out on the Tiles (Led Zeppelin III) - Still don't get it. Guess I grew up at the wrong time. Mostly just crap to me.

10) Rush/Take a Friend (Rush) - And next is a band that wanted to be like Zeppelin when they started off. I actually like them better. Besides, they got slightly bigger through the years. Good early stuff though.

********************************************************************************


The STCS for this week goes to Xandria/Forever Yours (Kill the Sun). Interesting prog/metal band with a female lead singer. Some of it works. As far as Exile Island goes no one got added, but AC/DC got Tarkus'd so they have earned another week.

********************************************************************************

As always stay cool/dry and comfy wherever you are. Roll Tide! Beat the MSU!


I warned you. Pure 80's awesomeness!





So forget all that you see
It's not reality 
It's just a fantasy

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment