Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Disney Chaos Edition)

Well there is certainly a lot going on right now with Christmas coming up. The tree is finally up at the Magic Kingdom (#crooked) since all the parade filming got done this week. Props to my MayKay. I work every single day after today.

There is also the Survivor finale next week, the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special, and bowl season (#RollTide #SEC) all leading up to New Year's Eve. Disney is the one place you do not, I repeat DO NOT want to go that day. It's chaos I tell you! Chaos!


So if you think "Hey you know what would be cool? Let's ring in the new year at the Magic Kingdom. I bet no one has thought of that!" Actually everybody has:


Enjoy your 5 hour wait for Small World

So yeah, it's a busy few weeks for me coming up, but I will still hopefully find time to do the Random 10! What's that you ask? Check the rules and whatnot up there ↑ at the top.

Looking back at last week, we have an old familiar face on Exile Island. I'm not surprised. Are you surprised? I'm totally not. Not even. They have worked their way back up to co-mayor (with you know who), but at least we won't be seeing them this week.

********************************************************************************

Well, let's get this train a rollin'!

1) Sammy Hagar/Never Give Up - The red rocker starts us off. I actually preferred his years in Van Halen better than Roth. Just me.

2) The Beatles/Goodnight - A lullaby? Really?

3) The Mahavishnu Orchestra/Inner Worlds Part 1 & 2 - Great experimental jazzy stuff. Jonjon always mentioned them as an influence.

4) The Moody Blues/Sitting at the Wheel - I still say their music sounds like a "soundtrack to a dream".©

5) If These Trees Could Talk/When the Big Hand Buries the Twelve - I'm sure at this point you are going whuh? Yeah, Von found some new music this past week. Much more to come!


6) The Moody Blues/Deep - Here we go again. If they show up once then it's like three times. Ugh.

7) Van Halen/Dance the Night Away - Umm what's that David Lee? Pay no attention to what I said earlier. I wouldn't want you to roundhouse kick me.

8) Prince/Take Me With You - Was there a better album in the 80's than Purple Rain? Yeah, even this white boy had it. Album cover winner because hey, Prince on a motorcycle:


9) Enigma/Look of Today - It's always a good countdown when they show up.

10) Genesis/Snowbound - In the 70's they were not the pop music machine they were in the 80's. Wait, a band actually got better in the 80's? Ironic.

********************************************************************************

Well there we go for another week. One new band showed up which is awesome because I have been tweaking my library quite a bit lately. Out with the wimpy, in with the new. Hopefully you all will see more of a change in the weeks to come.

Chicago escapes exile, but is replaced by The Moody Blues. Also, the STCS this time around is Dream Theater/Endless Sacrifice. Uh huh.

As always, stay warm and comfy wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Play us out boys!


********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment