Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Update

 
Audio/Video/Telly
 
 Doctor Who - Hide. Finally an episode worth a damn. Turns out the whole ghost hunting thing was just so the Doctor could talk to the psychic lady and ask her about Clara, who said she was a normal girl. She earlier warned Clara about the Doctor saying he has ice in his heart. And what was that circle he drew on the ground? Those statues in that room kind of freaked me out too.

 Community - Christmas episode? Yep. The air date for these episodes were pushed back several months. Cool how at the end they went with that whole alternate timeline thing again. Annie is still so yummy.

How I Met Your Mother - Finally a new one from them. Lilly and Marshall slightly bore me. They've beaten that whole Lilly is the horny band geek from American Pie for way too long. We never got to see the "redonkulous" body of the wedding planner. Maybe soon!

Movies - So if you know anything about me, you know I have a lot of free time right now so I find myself watching old movies for inspiration or whenever one pops in my head. One of these was The Mist. Not usually my type of movie but I saw an article where it was called the predecessor to The Walking Dead. I'm like whut? So I watch it and one of the main character is Andrea. And oh look there's Dale. Holy crap that's Carol (did she always have short dikey hair?)! Funny that all of them were in the movie and ended up in a series together years later. And I never connected Andrea with Marita Covarrubias from the X-Files! Wow, the things you learn...

Music - I added some music from Peter Schilling and The Cars, and a ton of 80's singles from some compilation albums. Yeah, I was basically trying to re-live my high school days.

Books - Finished Little Brother by Cory Doctorow in one day. Looking forward to the next book Homeland, if it will ever show up in the mail.

Sports

Braves - The Braves split a two games series with the Royals in which their 10 game winning streak was snapped. Then they went to Pittsburgh and apparently didn't like the cooler weather there. They lost all three games. Their record is now 13-5, still good for first place in the NL East.

P.S. And do not forget to recommend this blog continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment