Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday and the Random 10

Well I am back home from re-onion and it was great (what I can remember of it). Great to see old friends, make a few new ones, and hear some great 80's music basically the whole time. But now I am back home and have my whole repertoire of music to be randomized. No cream of the crop selections from my cellphone this week.

And away we go!

1) Daft Punk/The Game Has Changed - from the Tron soundtrack...wicked cool

2) Rick Wakeman/Jungle - ok, the old joke was that RW showed up at least once every week for a long time...but this is his first (of many I am sure) appearances this time around

3) Beatles/Twist and Shout - about as classic as it gets

4) Styx/I Don't Need No Doctor - rocker remake of some 70's song I never heard of...kicks it though

5) YES/For Everyone - ok, this is a very old YES song...so old in fact it was before their first album but it is remembered because parts of it were used on the "Disillusion" part of Starship Trooper...this is a rare live recording


6) King Crimson/Matte Kudasai - nice

7) Styx/Everything is Cool - another awesome Tommy Shaw song

8) REO Speedwagon/Out of Season - was there a hotter album back in the 80's than Hi Infidelity?

9) Rick Wakeman/Luck of the Draw - ha!...karma is catching up with us...

10) Journey/Winds of March - awesome song back when they kicked ass and hadn't turned into 80's love song wimps yet (which is bad because Escape was their pinnacle IMHO).

Relax and enjoy KC playing us out...

No comments:

Post a Comment