Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday and the Random 10 (New Roommate Edition)

You may have noticed recently that I have been re-posting a lot of my older posts dealing with relationships. Well the reason behind that is that my collaborator, co-conspirator, and just plain evil muse Kerra (from The Levels of Awkwardness) is moving back to Florida today. We plan to do some creative and mind bending "blogwork" in the upcoming weeks. Be on the lookout for that.


Aside from that, many of my features and labors of love will continue. Case in point: the Random 10! Yes, it is Friday and it's that time again. Looking back at last week, I see that Yes is banned (what a shock). 

As usual the rules and whatnot are over there → to the right, so let the music play!

1) Nektar/Love to Share (Keep Your Worries Behind You) - Okay, this is a new band I am digging into some. Older progressive stuff. Some of it is interesting. Oh, and "Welcome to the party, pal!"


2) The Buggles/Kid Dynamo - They only did two albums total, but they are both great sounding.

3) Nektar/Lamorna - And they get banned already? This is a nice acoustic guitar piece.

4) The Black Eyed Peas/The Boogie That Be - Yeah, me and my funky self.

5) Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/Hooked on Mozart - I don't know how many peeps remember when all these "hooked on" albums started appearing back in the 80's. This was the original though, and the best, especially since it's my boy Amadeus.

6) Return to Forever/Children's Song - More of that jazzy stuff. This one sounds like it should be on Sesame Street.

7) Peter Frampton/The Long and Winding Road - No not the original, but from the awesome Sgt Peppers movie with him and the Bee Gees. My favorite Beatles song.

8) Bad Company/Ready for Love - After all this time, this is the first time they have appeared in my countdown? Very surprising, I mean it's not like they are a new addition. Welcome to the party again!

9) The Police/Murder by Numbers - Album cover winner!


10) Dennis DeYoung (DDY!)/Respect Me - Wow, a song that's not about his wife!?!

Anyway, there we go for yet another week. I feel kind of blah about this one. Nektar shows up and gets banned. Oh well. The STCS for this week is The Beatles/And Your Bird Can Sing. Now that's some old school stuff right there.

Until next week, stay cool central Florida, and Roll Tide!

I am so glad this exists:



No comments:

Post a Comment