Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday and the Random 10

Well here we go again. It's been another long, fun week and what better way to head into the weekend than with some randomness. Looking back at last week I see that Styx and Yes are both banned, but since it's August now, RW has been set free. I'm sure he will return with a vengeance. As usual, the rules and whatnot are over there → to the right.

On with the show!

1) U2/Hawkmoon 269 - What is "Songs I've Never Heard Of" for $200, Alex? I just never got into these guys.

2) Pink Floyd/On The Turning Away - Yet another band I never truly embraced.

3) Camel/Squigely Fair - Now these guys I like. And album cover winner too:


4) Van Halen/Top of the World - Is it blasphemy to say I liked the Hagar years better than the David Lee Roth era?

5) Jimmy Buffet/Sending the Old Man Home - Is this what they say at the end of my shifts every night?

6) Rick Wakeman/The Spider Crab - RW! This must be his album about things you can find on a beach.

7) Red Hot Chili Peppers/This is the Place - Yep.

8) Wendy Carlos/The Light Sailor - from the Tron (original) soundtrack. Oh, and this Wendy chick used to be a dude. No, really.

9) Yes/Heart of the Sunrise Boston/Higher Power - Now that's what I'm talking about!

10) America/Tin Man - Classic song.

Well that wasn't so bad. No one got banned (though Yes tried to sneak in there) and RW made his comeback. The STCS for this week is Trans-Siberian Orchestra/The Safest Way Into Tomorrow from their non-Christmas Night Castle CD. Overall, not bad. Until next week, stay classy central Florida.

Play us out boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment