Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday and the Random Ten (9/11 Edition)

I don't even know what I can do here to dignify this day to the amount of respect it deserves. The world changed this day 14 years ago. Everyone who is old enough remembers where they were. I was teaching at Russell County High School in Alabama when my second class of the day came in saying that something was going on so we flipped on the tv. We sat and watched as the second tower was hit, and the first one fell. The rest of the day everyone was just...numb. I remember the drive home just being eerily quiet.

Like I wrote earlier, there's just no way I can show enough respect for all the fireman, policeman and everyone else who did all they could that day. Some came home. Some didn't. For some reason I have a sorrowful guitar from one song in my head this morning and that's what I will leave you with today. I guess as a Southern man, it's the most respectful song I can play.


In the end, we will rise to glory. Commemorate in your own way, and God bless America.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment