Sunday, June 28, 2015

R.I.P. Chris Squire

I was very saddened today when I learned of the passing of YES bass player Chris Squire. Just last month he announced he was fighting a rare form of Leukemia, and today he is gone at age 67. It's no secret to anyone that YES has always been my favorite band, and Squire was the glue that held it together through so many personnel changes and incarnations. With him gone, I just don't see a future for my favorite band.

There are no words to explain how gifted a bass player he was. Listen to this isolated bass track from Roundabout:


He also came up with the bass line (while reportedly in a bathroom stall) for their only #1 hit:


Rest in peace Mr Squire. You will be missed.


********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment