Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Night of Joy Edition)

So tonight is a special event at Disney called Night of Joy. It's a separate ticket event that has Christian music acts performing at various locations throughout the park. It's kinda cool if you're into that. I have enjoyed some of the music in the past.

Anyway, the best part about this event is that the trains do not operate! We are done and off the tracks by 6:00. This gives me and all my train peeps a chance to hang out together since we are all off so early. The party is on. Good times!

And now for the reason we are all here. Looking back at last week I see that RW is already banned for the month of September (shocker). And as usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top.

Let's roll the dice!

1) Gentle Giant/Mobile - This sounds like a bad Kansas rip off band. Viggle has no idea what this song is.

2) The Beatles/Dear Prudence - Great song. I loved what they did with it in the movie "Across the Universe".

3) Yes/New State of Mind - Decent song on a flat out awful, forgettable album. Not even worth showing the album cover.

4) Dream Theater/Learning to Live - Maybe a little heavier than I like my prog. I still haven't listened to them much.

5) RW/Sir Galahad AC/DC/Rocking All the Way - Not real familiar with this album, but I'll give it the album cover winner:


6) The Beatles/Wait - Great classic song that unfortunately gets them banned for next week.

7) Cherry Poppin' Daddies/Master and Slave - Swing away daddy-o!

8) King Crimson/Exiles - Always good stuff with them. I can kinda see why Bill Bruford left Yes for them. More experimental types of music.

9) Jimmy Buffett/Cheeseburger in Paradise - Classic Jimmy. Now I'm hungry.

10) Boston/The Star Spangled Banner - Live version that was included on their greatest hits CD. I don't know why.

Well there it is. RW is banned for the month so I just ignored him. Too bad that it was actually from a great album of his. Hey, some of them had to be good right? The Beatles get banned for next week too. Misery loves company I guess. They seem to end up in exile together a lot.

The STCS is Def Leppard/Stay with Me from the album of cover songs they did. Meh.

As always stay cool and dry wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Play us out across the universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment