Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Disney Lingo Edition)

Wow, I am up way too early today. It has been another busy week at work, but at least tonight is another one of those short nights. Not NoJ this time, but MNSSHP. What? You don't speak Disney? That's Night of Joy and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Yes, Halloween. In the middle of September. Bad part is this is already the third one. Third!

Enough of that though, let's get to the music. Looking back at last week, I see that The Beatles got banned, joining RW in being 101. Predictable.

As usual, the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top in the OG.

Who is 102? Let's see...

1) Jethro Tull/Wind-Up - You know what every band needs? A lead singer that plays the flute. This is from the album Aqualung. Sound familiar? Yeah, it's what Ron Burgundy plays on his flute in the Anchorman movies.

2) RW/Slaveman RW/Minas Tirith Frank Zappa/Don't Eat the Yellow Snow - Something new I added this week. Sorry, but it's mostly crap to me. Also:


3) Frank Zappa/Louie Louie - And welcome to being banned. More crap.

4) Porcupine Tree/Blackest Eyes - The album cover winner here describes how I feel when guests ask me a dumb question:


5) Sammy Hagar/Bad Motor Scooter - Back in his days with Montrose.

6) Styx/Put Me On - Back when they seemed to start every album with a JY song. DDY does sing one part though.

7) Daft Punk/Crescendolls - Good. I needed a little credibility. However, this beat is slightly annoying.

8) Starcastle/Forces - Wow, if ever there was a band that wanted to be the American Yes then this is them. I like their music though.

9) Gentle Giant/Alucard - More of that early 70's jazz fusion that seems to be annoying the crap out of me for some reason this morning.

10) Yes/Vevey (Revisited) - A bonus track from the Going for the One re-issue. They were obviously working on a smaller part of a larger song here (probably Awaken) since it is only an organ and harp playing. Yeah, I said harp.

Well there we go for another week. I don't know why I feel irritated by this music today. At least I won't have to listen to Zappa next week because of the banning. I may go back and delete a lot of his inventory. The Beatles are now 102 and able to participate next week. RW has an ROS until September ends.

The STCS is Wendy Carlos/Ending Titles (Tron soundtrack). The original movie where everything had a computer "sound". Makes me want to call DACS.

As always, stay cool and dry wherever you are, and Roll Tide!

Play us out boys!


Friday and the Random 10 is now 10-7 for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment