Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday and the Random 10

I must say, this is my favorite post to write every week. I don't write it ahead of time either or fudge the results. I truly have no idea what will play when I start this. So here I am setting my media player on random and waiting to see what shows up. And away we go!

1) Korn/For No One - Well that was a heavy way to start the day. Not really my style. Just trying them out because of a friend.

2) The Moody Blues/Words You Say - Don't know this song. Very over the top with the orchestra.

3) The Buggles/Living in the Plastic Age - Video winner because a video actually exists of this song:


4) Steve Howe/Cruise Control - From Homebrew 3, which is the third (duh) collection of his at home demos that evolved into other songs or parts of other songs. I was really surprised at how much of Yes' music came from him. This piece eventually became New Languages on The Ladder album.

5) U2/The Fly - I do not really know much, or really cared about their music. This sounds cool though.

6) Yes/Harold Land - Now here's some classic stuff that I've already shared here.

7) Syd Barrett/Waving My Arms in the Air - I tried some of his stuff because of the whole Pink Floyd thing and from an episode of The X Files. IMHO, his music is complete crap and gets the Picard Award (brand new!)


8) ELO/Starlight - I love bands that have a certain sound and no matter what they play you know it's them.

9) Korn/Ball Tongue - I don't even know how to comment on this one. I'm just not a fan of the dark angry music. They might get the (so far unused) Cybermen Award before too long.

10) Phil Collins/In The Air Tonight - You know, the song where everyone (including Mike Tyson) knows the drum parts.

Well there we go for another week. I keep waiting for something new to show up, and for that matter, we haven't seen RW in quite awhile either! No album cover winner this week? Odd. The STCS for this week is Chicago/What Else Can I Say. Good, older stuff from them before the 80's happened.

Play us out Phil! Everyone drum along!

No comments:

Post a Comment