Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday and the Random 10 (Pi Day Edition)

Happy Pi Day! Say what? You don't know what that is? It's March 14th! You know 3/14...3.14...get it? It's a nerd thing. Before we get to the music here's my favorite pie chart:


Looking back at last week, I see that The Beatles are not an option this time around. Whatever will Yoko do? As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ on the top of the page.

And now for your non-repeating, non-terminating countdown...


1) Kansas/Relentless - Awesome song and one of my favorites. Awesome album cover too:


2) Yes/Awaken - Maybe their "pinnacle" song as some people describe it (even though I would argue for something off of Tales from Topographic Oceans). But this is a live version. Meh.

3) Alabama/Tennessee River - I remember this song simply because of my baseball days and this story.

4) Steve Howe/Meadow Rag - Another solo piece that was a demo for one of his own songs. He kept this one for himself. I guess he didn't want to share with Yes or ABWH.

5) Dennis DeYoung/Summertime - DDY! It's been so long! This is from his album of Broadway songs. And yeah, it's good.

6) Jon Anderson/Qoquaq in Transic - It's not often you type someone's name that has three "Q's" in it. This is from Olias of Sunhillow, which is the best solo album from any of the other ones the Yes members have put out.

7) Michael Jackson/Scared of the Moon - I have no words for this one.

8) Def Leppard/No No No - You know, when one "no" just isn't enough. From their early days.

9) Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Who is This Child - From their non-Christmas Beethoven's Last Night. Kinda pompous and overblown.

10) Survivor/Popular Girl - This album had so many hits. this wasn't one of them.


Well that will do it for another week. Not a bad mix and no one got banned. The STCS for Pi Day is Pink Floyd/Time. Now see, that I can deal with. As always stay whatever central Florida. I'm tired of the weather changing from day to day like the Genesis planet.

Roll Tide and play us out boys!

1 comment:

  1. 1)Tears For Fears/Goodnight Song...Not familiar with this one. I only really listen to "Songs from the Big Chair". Sounds good though.
    2)Within Temptation/Grace. Moody and atmospheric how I like. Before they went poppy with thier latest relese.
    3)U2/ Beutiful Day....Meh. Achtung Baby is the best thing they ever did.
    4)Megadeth/ Set the World Afire- Thumbs Up.
    5)Otep/Requiem- More spoken word stuff with crazy ass music. Needs to go.
    6)Huntress/ I want to Fu*K You to Death. HAHAHAHAHAHA I wondered if this one would ever come up. Great hard rock with a smokin female lead singer.
    7)Ratt/ Gave Up Givin' Up....Meh too bluesey for me.
    8)Billy Ocean/ When the Going Gets Tough. From an 80's comp. Holee Sheeit. DELETE
    9)Tool/10000 Days (Wings Pt 2.)- more weird assed shit from tool.
    10)Queensryche/ Dirty Little Secret.-An "Empire" B side. Their next to last good album.

    ReplyDelete