Saturday, April 20, 2019

Baseball Card Mail This Week (04/20/19)

Another week, another relic!



2005 Leaf Century Collection Position relic (#'d 042/100).
I also have #96/100.

********************************************************************************

Also picked up another 2000 Finest Moments refractor. 
I now have 28 of them!
********************************************************************************


As I have gone through all these cards I have (and using the amazing trading card database found here), I have also been compiling a wantlist that I am now posting and updating on the header of my blog's homepage. These are now the cards and items I will be focusing on from here on out.




This is a 1983(4?) K&G Glossy. I had no idea where this card comes from so I did a Google search and found this:

These were a un-licensed set that was issued in 1984 (pre- Broder). For awhile there was a rumor floating about that the smaller cards were "Donruss Promo Cards." They were distributed by a company that was called "Den's Collector's Den" in Laurel, MD. If you check their ad in the 1985 Street & Smith Baseball Annual (page 99), the description reads "K-G Glossie Prints $4.00 plus shipping/handling; This new set of 24 standard sized glossie (sic) prints features Ripken, Murray, Parrish, Rose, Murphy, Brett, Kittle, Sax, Carter, Garvey (with both L.A. and San Diego), Winfield, Jackson and nine more stars. In addition to these 24 blank prints, you receive four 3.5 x 5 prints-Murphy, Ripken, Rose and Brett (all different poses than are in the 24 card set)."

Unlicensed or not, it still ran me about $14.

********************************************************************************
Here's two more for my "oddball sized" items:



This is a 1986 Drake's Uncut Panel (w/Mike Schmidt and Kirk Gibson). This is a little larger than a 5x7.


This is a 1988 Drake's Uncut Panel (w/Darryl Strawberry). Measures approximately 3.5 x 5.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment