Sunday, April 8, 2018

My Trip to the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, MD

So for the first part of my vacation this year, me and my travel companion Sarah decided to do spring break in Washington DC. However, on every trip I must have at least one day that is trains related so we took a short trip up the Amtrak to Baltimore for the B&O Railroad Museum. (There were steam trains at the Smithsonian as well. You can check those out here.)


The trains on display were situated in the roundhouse, beginning at the early years of steam, through the Civil War to the turn of the century.


Click on each link to take you to pictures and descriptions of each locomotive:











The last five locomotives listed here were actually outside the roundhouse in the north workshop. According to the tour guide, they used to be outside but were brought in to protect them from the weather (and after the roof collapse in 2003). I was wondering where the Baldwins were!







********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment