Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday and the Random 10 (Silence is Golden Edition)

You know, I keep trying with the video/podcast thing and keep running into roadblocks. This week I am just going back to old school while I sort out my options (that and I am so far behind this week I don't have time to do the full version anyway. Sad but true.) Oh well, it's all about the music anyway:



********************************************************************************

The last countdown kept the castaways flowing to Exile Island. Lynyrd Skynyrd got Tarkus'd and sent right back, just to be joined by Guns N' Roses and (drumroll...) Mr. Rick Wakeman. Yeah, again. You know, I think 2016 is where I draw the line and start deleting more worthless items in my inventory. And as usual, the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top near the home tab.




********************************************************************************

Play On!


1) Xandria/Sisters of the Light (Now and Forever) - Still trying to get into this band. Almost sounds like metal, electronic gypsy music. I like it.

2) The Beatles/Sun King (Abbey Road) - I like them when they do really mellow stuff like this. The Spanish lyrics threw me off though.

3) Bad Company/Bad Company (10 From 6) - This is one of those "supergroups" before it became a thing. It had members from the bands Free, Mott the Hoople, and King Crimson. They were very successful even though they broke one of Von's Cardinal Rules: Never have a song that's the same name as your band.©

4) God is an Astronaut/Darkfall (Far From Refuge) - Definite IALA moment:



5) Jon Anderson/Take a Little Time Out (Earth Mother Earth) - In total hippie fashion, JonJon recorded this album basically out in a garden/woods with actual birds singing in the background. And it's one of my favorite solo albums of his. Acoustic and nice.

6) Asia/Midnight Sun (Anthologia) - Originally from the Alpha album. Great stuff from the original members.


Guns N' Roses? No, Tarkus and bigger guns!

7) David Bowie/Let's Dance (Let's Dance) - Wow, didn't even know I had this. And sadly, RIP.

8) Red Hot Chili Peppers/Backwoods (The Uplift Mofo Party Plan) - I actually want to dislike these guys, dunno why, but I just cannot find a reason not to like them. Funky.

9) Prince/When Doves Cry (The Very Best of Prince) - Yeah, we have recently been down this road before. I still miss the 80's though.

10) Enigma/Encounters (Seven Lives Many Faces) - I cannot tell you enough how much I love this music.

********************************************************************************



The STCS for this week goes to Queen/Crazy Little Thing Called Love (The Game). Man this song had me singing as soon as it started. Muy excellente. As far as Exile Island, everyone gets set free, except for Guns N' Roses who got Tarkus'd and sent right back. No new additions though.

********************************************************************************

Stay warm/dry/comfy wherever you are, and Roll Tide!


Play us out Freddie and the boys:






********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment