Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday and the Random Ten (College Football Returns Edition)

Well it's about time! College football returns this weekend (actually started last night) and I know millions of people are happy about it. NFL? Whatever. Take you deflated balls and go home. My beloved #3 Alabama Crimson Tide opens up tomorrow night with #20 Wisconsin. Gonna be a slobberknocker! How bout some music to get us fired up? If you're not fired up already something is wrong with you...



Last week's countdown cleared out Exile Island and left it vacant so no Tarkus worries this time around. Dangit. As usual, the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ at the top near the home tab.


********************************************************************************

Let's get it up!

1) Van Halen/Inside (5150) - I might be one of the few that actually prefers the Sammy years.

2) Porcupine Tree/Gravity Eyelids (In Absentia) - This is how I feel watching a game without an SEC team

3) Faith No More/Malpractice (Angel Dust) - Yeah, we're kicking it today.

4) Van Halen/Take Your Whiskey Home (Women and Children First) - Way to go David Lee. You went and got your band banned for next week.

5) Sammy Hagar/Call My Name (The Essential Red Collection) - Wow, this is too coincidental for words. If Extreme shows up then we would have everyone that's been a lead singer for VH.

6) Bon Jovi/You Give Love a Bad Name (Slippery When Wet) - You know you just sang this out loud when you read it.

7) Bruce Springsteen/The River (Greatest Hits) - You know, I've never really gotten into the Bruce thing. I'm sure all my NJ peeps will now shun me.

8) Faith No More/Greed (We Care A Lot) - Before they hit it big on MTV and life. Oh, and banned.

9) Genesis/Tonight,Tonight,Tonight (Invisible Touch) - This would be a good song for me early in the day tomorrow as I'm waiting for my game to start.

10) AC/DC/Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Stiff Upper Lip) - Every countdown is better with these guys.

********************************************************************************

The STCS for this week goes to Jimmy Buffett/The Wino and I Know (Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads). This was one of the most rocking Random Tens up until this point. Thanks for mellowing things out Jimmy. On the other hand Van Halen and Faith No More get a week on Exile Island for showing up twice in the same countdown. Will the Tarkus make an appearance in 2015? Stay tuned...

********************************************************************************

As always stay cool/dry and comfy wherever you are. Go Braves and Roll Tide!

Play us out boys!




You promised me heaven
You put me through hell

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment