Monday, March 4, 2019

Music Monday: Yes/Time and a Word (Side Two)

Now it's time to get into Side Two of Yes' second album, Time and a Word. Side One can be checked out here. For some reason I just cant much get into this side. I mean the title song is good, but the rest I just seem to gloss over and forget about. When it was released in the USA they used an alternate cover, because a cartoon boob was deemed "inappropriate". Here's what it looks like:


Yeah that's Steve Howe in the red shirt, even though he didn't play on the album at all.


********************************************************************************


1) The Prophet. Cool intro, and I like this song musically.


********************************************************************************


2) Clear Days. Nice little 2 minute song tucked in between some other longer ones. To me, it's gone before you even knew it was there. There's a lot of strings in it too so maybe it just doesn't catch your attention.


********************************************************************************


3) Astral Traveler. Maybe it's how the vocals are and all, but I've never liked this song much. It always seems to be on tribute albums and such though I don't know why. However, I do like the musical interlude in the middle.


********************************************************************************


4) Time and a Word. A very 60's hippie song, but a good one. Another classic that was played on tour in the 2000's. Jon Jon even throws some of it in during the ABWH tour. Here's some lyrics:

Have you heard of a time that will help us get it together again?
Have you heard of the word that will stop us going wrong?
Well, the time is near and the word you'll hear
When you get things in perspective
Spread the news and help the world go 'round

There's a time and the time is now and it's right for me
It's right for me and the time is now
There's a word and the word is love and it's right for me
It's right for me and the word is love

********************************************************************************

Just like with Yes, this album was also remastered in 2003 with some bonus tracks, including the unreleased Dear Father. Another little gem that I do like.


Next up: A quantum leap forward with The Yes Album


********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment