Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday and the Random Ten (Crazy on You Edition)


Last week I honored Yes's bass player who passed away by doing a Chris Squire edition of the Random Ten. This week things return to normal around here, and Yes gets placed on Exile Island (they were banned the week before). No word on the Tarkus yet...


********************************************************************************


As usual the rules and whatnot are up there ↑ next to the home tab.

And now for some music!



1) Xandria/One Word (Now and Forever: The Best of Xandria) - Another new band I am trying to get into. A prog/metal band with a female lead singer? Yep, sign me up.






2) Trans-Siberian Orchestra/The Music Box (The Christmas Attic) - I was going to skip this one because of it being Christmas music but this song is so bittersweet (and one of my favorites) that I just let it be.




3) AC/DC/Satellite Blues (Stiff Upper Lip) - Uh huh. I was born with a stiff upper lip, and I shoot from the hip!





4) Heart/Crazy on You (The Essential Heart) - One of my favorite songs from the Wilson sisters!





5) AC/DC/House of Jazz (Stiff Upper Lip) - Uh oh. Two songs from the same album always makes me worry about how the rest of this will turn out. Oh, and banned for next week.



6) Billy Joel/Temptation (The Bridge) - Mr William Joel just being himself. Good song, but I am not too familiar with this album.





7) Scorpions/Blackout (Bad for Good: The Very Best of Scorpions) - Wow, just hearing them takes me back to the 80's and watching late night videos.



8) Shaw-Blades/The Sound of Silence (Influence) - Tommy Shaw (Styx) and Jack Blades (Night Ranger) tribute to the music that influenced their careers. This one is Simon & Garfunkel.





9) Journey/Wheel in the Sky (Revelation, Disc 2) - Before you get excited, this is NOT Steve Perry. Close but no cigar.





10) Faith No More/The Real Thing (The Real Thing) - Man, this album takes me back when I was doing my student teaching in LaGrange, GA.

********************************************************************************


The STCS for this week goes to Def Leppard/He's Going to Step on You Again (Yeah!). This is from their album of remakes. It would have been awesome if they had thrown a Spinal Tap tune in there somewhere, but oh well. Yes escapes Exile Island and the wrath of the Tarkus, but AC/DC gets to face that potential challenge next week.


********************************************************************************

As always stay warm/cool and comfy wherever you are. Go Braves and Roll Tide!

Play us out Ann and Nancy!:




Wild man's world is crying in pain
What you gonna do when everybody's insane
So afraid of fortune, so afraid of you
What you gonna do?

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment