Sunday, May 10, 2020

This Day in Music History:Styx/Big Bang Theory (05/10)

Big Bang Theory is the fifteenth studio album by the band Styx, released on this day in 2005. It consists of cover versions of classic rock songs.




In 2004, Styx performed a cover of the Beatles song "I Am the Walrus" at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival, where the song was received so well that it was released as a single. The single's success resulted in the band recording this album of cover songs. The album reached #46 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums, Styx's highest charting album in 14 years.
Track listing:


1) "I Am the Walrus" (The Beatles)

2) "I Can See for Miles" (The Who) 

3) "Can't Find My Way Home" (Blind Faith) 

4) "It Don't Make Sense (You Can't Make Peace)" (Willie Dixon) 

5) "I Don't Need No Doctor" (Humble Pie) 

6) "One Way Out" (The Allman Brothers Band) 

7) "A Salty Dog" (Procol Harum) 

8) "Summer in the City" (The Lovin' Spoonful) 

9) "Manic Depression" (The Jimi Hendrix Experience) 

10) "Talkin' About the Good Times" (The Pretty Things)

11) "Locomotive Breath" (Jethro Tull) 

12) "Find the Cost of Freedom" (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) 

13) "Wishing Well" (Free) 

14) "Blue Collar Man @ 2120" (rerecording of a Styx song)

1 comment:

  1. This is the STYX record that I can't stand. I don't want to hear my favorite band playing covers of other songs, I want new original music, 'm sorry guys :{

    ReplyDelete