Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Update (05/12/13)

 
Audio/Video/Telly
 
 Doctor Who - Nightmare in Silver. Oh boy, more Cybermen! Yeah, that was sarcasm. You know, I'm tired of them dragging up the same old characters over and over. This season has just been a dud to me so far. Next week looks promising though.

 Community - Alternate timeline evil Jeff (and sexy Annie) cross over to stop good Jeff from graduating and leaving Greendale. Yes, paintball guns were involved...

How I Met Your Mother Mostly a Robin story looking for the locket she buried in Central Park as a young "boy". The rest is Barney playing laser tag with her dad. Ominous ending though.

New Girl - The day after. Jess and Nick waking up together and having to play it off because her dad shows up. CeCe is freaking out because she fell asleep on her henna hand tattoo and has it all over her face. Schmidt gets it on with her old girlfriend (who I like). And oh, it was Winston's birthday.

Big Bang Theory - Viva Las Dungeons and Dragons! The girls' Vegas trip is cancelled and they end up crashing the guys' D&D night. They end up combining both. Awesome impressions by Howard too.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Made my way into Season 5. This show is so "Mac". Day Man, fighter of the Night Man...

Game of Thrones - Right off the bat, I cannot tell you what the last episode was about. Let me go check again...

Oh yeah. Lots of finagling about who is going where or taking over this or that. That one dude is getting the crap tortured out of him by the guy from The Misfits. And that dude and the hot redhead chick climbed up the ice wall. I think they are starting to lose me.

Movies - At one point I felt tired of watching 20 minute episodes of stuff, so I went digging through my DVD's. The first I settled on was National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Civil War intrigue by Nicholas Cage and Ed Harris which led to the City of Gold. It was funnier but, not quite as good as the first one. And what was on page 47 on the Presidential book??? I was hoping there would be another movie to explain that. Ugh.

The next movie (since I have been playing non-stop Call of Duty) was Enemy at the Gates. This was about Russian sniper Vassili Zaitsev during the German invasion of Stalingrad. He was so badass that they had to send in the head Nazi sniper in to try and kill him. And wow, hey, there's Ed Harris again! Great movie. It's on my bucket list to go to the Museum of Stalingrad to see his actual rifle on display.

Sports

Braves - Started the week by taking 2 out of 3 from the Reds. Unfortunately they got treated rudely by the Giants losing 3 out of 4. Their record stands at 21-16, which is still good enough for first place, but not for long if they keep playing like that.

P.S. And do not forget to recommend this blog continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment